Is my temp to high for AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
i just made my computer a month ago and ive been see thta the temp are low but mine high is this right for a AMD process i have XP2700 and i have a lot of fan in my case and the temp will start at 74c and from there go up to 86c the most im starting to wonder if this is bad or not if you can help me plz tell me what to do or buy and i have a frys computer store with some of you know what store it is tell me something i can buy to lower my temp in the 50's or tell that a good temp plz.

???

It would shut off before hitting 74C muchless 86C, unless you've gone through the BIOS and turned off all safety shut off temps

Even then I think the processer would sooner start causing damage.

60C is considered unacceptible by most, muchless those temps.

You should reseat the heatsink with some better thermal paste, but mind you if there's a stock heat pad on there you need to remove that pad first using 99% isopropyl and a credit card and then nicely reapply some thermal paste.

well its a good heatsink and fan on it and the bios is on right and its not doing damage. but i need to know what i should buy then some good thermal paste then.

It may be a great HSF, but they still can't work well if they are not installed correctly.

Get Artic Silver 5 for paste and try what Nubius said about reseating it.

Arctic Silver 5 is good stuff, but really get what you can afford. Most generic brands will work jsut as good.

Get that on there after you clean off your heatsink and make sure to spread a relatively thin amount. flatten it out with a credit card or somethign to get an even thin coat on the heatsink (only need to apply to middle of heatsink, not the entire base).

Seat it back on and you should see a drop in temps, cuz 86C is close to frying point and could have possibly already damaged something. if you don't see a drop in temps after 10 minutes or so then either you reseated it wrong or there is a probolem with your hardware.

At that point i would check in BIOS to see what your CPU voltage is at. An AMD XP2700 stock voltage is 1.65v. Als omake sure your room/case temperature isn't like 50C or something ridiculously hot. You really need a cool case/room to have cool CPU temps.

It could very well be a faulty sensor. Alot of people get reports of like 125C adn its really only 40C. Get the back of your DRY hand clsoe to the heatsink fins and see if you cna detect alot of heat or any heat. if no heat then gently touch your heatsink and see if its hot or if its warm/cool. don't touch it long..if its really 86C you could burn yourself. if it seems warm/cool its probably only 40C or so and you have a bad sensor/seated the heatsink wrong.

ok well right know im going to take my heatsink off and how do i clean it off.
i just got some evercool is that good and when its put on for the time after10 min what should i be reading then for the temp. and thanks again.

Dark_Sniper* said:
ok well right know im going to take my heatsink off and how do i clean it off.
i just got some evercool is that good and when its put on for the time after10 min what should i be reading then for the temp. and thanks again.

isopropyl alcohol will clean it off very good, just use a cotton ball or somethign to wash it off.

after it's run for a while it should drop to ~45C i would imagine with a cool/warm room and warm/cool case temps. if its still ~70C something else is wrong. evercool should do fine i think...brand never really effected my temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom