Liquid Cooling Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
I have the aquarius II liquid cooling system, I have a friend that works in refrigeration, i wanted to know if i could use the refrigerant that would be used in a refrigerator instead of water to cool my system, Also wanted to know if anyone has tried anything like this?

You would need to check out what kind of stuff is in the liquid because you need additives that are non corrosize, anti-freeze, anti-rust, and won't cause algae and bacteria to grow in it.

If he knows about that stuff find out what the liquid is comprised of

Yah im going to meeting with him in the next few days, i just wanted to know in theory if this would work and if it would be cooler than using water.

Are you using just regular water? You are using distilled right and made sure to put in additives with it?

if its really slimy and sludgy it might not work at all. you need something that has a very low viscosity, like water.

i'd ask ur bud, make sure its not really conductive and it wont eat away at your tubing or plastic pump or anything.

The first question I asked him was if it would eat through the plastic tubing and other parts, he said theres a variety of different coolants he has access to.I also didnt know that you need a special licence to purchase the coolant.Im just hoping that this is possible because if it is i'll be getting really low temps from a mid level cooling system.

Has anyone here heard of anyone else trying something like this?

i think people have used beer...but its definetly not a long term kinda thing lol.

my guess is its highly explosive or something dangerous...so u need a permit/license to use it. putting it under pressure might not be the best of ideas especially to cool something that gets very hot...but since they use it in fridges and what not it is probably made for that kind of operation. i guess just wait on your friends jurisdictation.

if you already informed him that you were inquiring about using the refridgerent in a water cooler for the pc. then you shouldnt listen to your friend(unless theres important information u didnt tell him). if he already has all the nessesary information and he still says that u can try using refridgerant, then he doesnt know what he's talking about.
------------------------------------------------------
1. you need a licence to get it from sertain placess because its environmentaly hazardous(not explosive) though the new fridgerant is a lot more safe then the old R-12.

2. refridgerant can only operate in a system under pressur. it evaporates instantly under normal atmopheric pressur. thats why thy run with compressors.

3. refridgerant itself isnt cold, its evaporative capabilities wen passing threw a AC/fridge/dehumidafyer system is what makes the coil soo cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom