Intel Motherboard... or NVIDIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why you gotta read all the previous posts and not simply the one at the top and then put your input based on that cause, yeah he didn't mention it in his first post which would make you think he's referring to their current market

Heh, it's okay.

Maybe a better question would have been to ask if nforce4 is a better chipset for AMD processors than the AMD name brand chipsets, I could probably compare that to how the future nforce5 chipsets would stack up against Intel ones.

I'm really looking for a good motherboard for my processor, so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh and, another question: Does the motherboard matter at all when it comes to the GPU?

I think you are dealing with two very good chipsets. If I was building a comp for general purposes I would go intel. If I was building a super gaming machine ,I would go nforce chipset + a nvidia card. My reason---Ive had intel chipsets with intel extreme onboard graphics and some games have problems. Im partial to nvidia because I have less problems with my games.

intel extreme onboard graphics
No onboard graphics is going to be very good. I do like the way they add "extreme" in there. Makes it sound like its got a 6800 Ultra on board.

Yeah intel intergrated graphics are very lame.

Also nvidia does plan to release the nforce5 for intel's.

I personally would recomend a 3rd party intel board. Barely any of the intel mobo's are overclockable, their slow compared to others, but they are are pretty rock solid.

So the Intel mobo's come with integrated graphics cards?

Eh... don't want that.

I wasn't going to overclock anyways, but I certainly don't want something that's slower. Hopefully, the nforce chipset will be released within the next couple of months (I think I read that somewhere... around April, IIRC) and I can read some reviews on it.

Thanks for all the help!

flexx said:
So the Intel mobo's come with integrated graphics cards?

Eh... don't want that.
Intel integrated graphics means that is has onboard graphics, not that you have to use them. You can add the video card of your choice to that board when you are ready. It can be a PCI, AGP, or PCI-Express. (if the motherboard supports PCI-Express)

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom