help with reaching 4ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget phase change, we're talking about a vapochill kit that will cost you upwards of a grand, I highly doubt you have that kind of money.

A bigger, more effective heatsink equipped with a high CFM fan will drop temperatures as long as your case has decent airflow, or you can make the transition to water cooling, but I really think that unless noise is a problem, air cooling is a much better choice.

90 degrees are you nuts? That's past the maximum threshold, that's how you fry your processor. Heh, and I thought I had a heat issue, lol!
:D :cool: :) :confused: :eek: :beard:

You might have a bad reading. It should shut down before hitting 90c (i would think anyways.) Either way that is TOO HOT if your getting it to throttle. I would guess if those temps are correct that your HSF did not get seated correctly. There is no reason it should run that hot even with the stock cooling.

You guys ever consider he's talking about Fahrenheit temps and not Celcius? Never really specified although 68F would be 20C which would mean an insanely cool CPU. Assuming you are talking celcius then yeah your temps are way too hot, but I'd sooner suspect bad readings like already been suggested.

if those temps are real 4ghz is an impossibility for you

Forget phase change, we're talking about a vapochill kit that will cost you upwards of a grand, I highly doubt you have that kind of money.
Vapo chill IS phase change

You guys ever consider he's talking about Fahrenheit temps and not Celcius?
Well, he said it started throttling during Prime so I doubt it's Fahrenheit. Although, if it is, he has the best damn temps for a P4 I've seen. ;)

Vapo chill IS phase change
That's what I meant, I was implying that he should not consider phase change as a cooling option since that would require a vapo-chill kit that runs at around $1000. Way too expensive for cooling in my opinion, I'd much rather get an FX-55 with that kind of money. :p

Idiotec - That's why I followed that with this sentence "Never really specified although 68F would be 20C which would mean an insanely cool CPU."

Gaara - Actually it's just a mere $800 :p

There's another brand, lazerman found....forgot the name of it though...starts with a P, but yeah it's like $650

It's not a bad investment though. You will be able to get the absolute most of your chip, hitting the architectural limit pretty much lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom