help with reaching 4ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbmxdave

In Runtime
Im using a p4 3.074ghz processor, I downloaded msi fuzzylogic v4 to try to see how far I could over clock. I can get it to 3.6ghz before it reboots my computer. the temps are stable about about 68 degress on average, and I have tried raising the core cpu voltage from 1.55 to 1.65. any other ideas how I can get it past the 4ghz barrier?

First off you need better cooling. Is 68c idle or load? Either way its too hot IMO.

Yeah, don't increase the voltage anymore until you have some better cooling installed on that thing, 68 degrees is hot for any processor.

its about 55 when idle. 68 when its been running something like msn messenger for a while.
msn messenger? :confused: Try testing the temps using something like Prime95 or Sandra Burn in Wizard.

I did with prime 95, and also watched a video during it. got it to 90 degrees. before it visibly slowed down.

man thats way to hot... i dont even think you will get 3.5ghz stable with that temp. you should upgrade to water cooling, or if you have the money, phase change

its expensive but its worth it, it will bring your temp below subzero.

here is a forum on phase change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom