What is DVD-RAM?

Wow, or Not?

• Yea man, wow is a winner!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WOW?! wtf are you thinking?!

• Who cares!, get a life you nerd, stop bothering us with all this nonsense!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I was looking through a website one day and I came across a picture of some DVD-RAM. It looked like a reinvention of the floppy disk. Can someone explain what DVD-RAM is, how one would use it, and what you need to use it? Just curious is all. :eek:

i dont remember were i read about it, and i dont remembe exactly what it is, but i do know this....

older DVD-ram was in an enclosure like a floppy, newer one's i think have the option for u to open the enclosure and take the disk out like a normal DVD. i think there in an enclosure so u dont mistake them fora nomral DVD cause they are incompatable with normal Drives. i think thy were made for there RW capabilities, there more reliable for storing important data after many rewrites, i think. i think thy also maybe more expensive. thy can only be used on DVD-RAM drives though.

im not shur if theres a use for them with the average user, or if its old technology, i dont remember. i dont use DVDs either so i dont realy care lol

Re:

...y..yeah jo....:D

They are relatively new to the consumer world, but old to say data backup operators at large companies. Actually, I haven't seen many DVD-RAM drive on the market at all! And if I do, they are probably £$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£.

But yeah, they act like a floppy disk or zip disk, but with tonnes more space and very responsible read/write speeds. I hope to see them drop in price and out in the shops soon :D .

Re:

ohhh...if you wanna get your hands on one in the UK they are...gotta be very lucky to find DVD-RAM media in the shops.

(Are we slow...or is it well known in the USA / Canada?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom