port problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxhound

Baseband Member
ok another problem for me :(, i seem to have problems on a daily base don't i. anyways i use bittorrent for downloads but it's giving me a yellow icon meaning i'm behind a firewall. I've disabled windows firewall and checked my router, set it to send everything directly to my local machine (DMZ i believe is what its called) but its still giving me the yellow icon and my download speeds are extremely low.
normal internet downloads are ok though.
I've also checked my ports with Shields up and i get a full stealth rating meaning my machine/router (dont know wich of the 2) stealths all my ports and doesnt respond to incoming connections. outgoing connections seem to go fine though. my router is a Topcom Skyr@cer pro WBR 654. It doesn't have port forwarding functionallity (at least i haven't found it, nor have the guys at the local computer store.) i've tried setting the routers firewall rule to not block the bittorrent ports but they're still stealthed if i do another scan and bittorrent still gives me the yellow icon. Also i cant disable my router firewall.
although DMZ should forward all ports to my local machine. anyone know what could be causing this? i also dont have any external firewall software. (not even antivirus/anti spyware+adware)

thanks in advance

foxhound

oh sorry forgot to mention that : Shadow's experimental (latest version believe its 0.3.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom