Computer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZNRockThis

In Runtime
Hey, Im having a major problem with my second system I brought with me to college and have been three seconds from tossing it out my window. The system is Asus A8V, Corsair Value 2x512MB, WD 160GB EIDE, Radeon 9800 Pro 128Bit "Atlantis", AMD 64 3500. The problem is that it keeps shutting down. I have flashed Bios and there doesnt appear to be anything that controls at what temp the computer shuts down. The CPU will get to about 50 C before it shuts down, and about 30C for the motherboard. My only guess is that my video card is overheating. Does anyone have the Asus A8V or Radeon 9800 or any suggestions as to the problem?

i am having the same exact problem as you..my shuts down around 50 degrees also..i have a completely differant system tho...so i hope some1 knows the solution to this

im having a problem that is somewhat the same...my computer will randomly go into a hibernation state where the harddrive is inactive but the computers power is still on. Like its off but its still on...and it is really getting on my nerves :( if somebody could help me and these people that posted in here out we would be thankful :)

Do both of you have asus boards? I have heard a lot of bad stuff about the Atlantis Radeon 9800 so that could be it. I just dont want to make any rash buys if the problem can be fixed without lots of money.

Check your CPU voltage try 1.450 volt setting .Monitor each increase and adjust in increments up to 1.550 volts more voltage means more heat .
AGP voltage try at 1.5 v

Hazel said:
im having a problem that is somewhat the same...my computer will randomly go into a hibernation state where the harddrive is inactive but the computers power is still on. Like its off but its still on...and it is really getting on my nerves :( if somebody could help me and these people that posted in here out we would be thankful :)

Hello,

Have you made sure that your PC is not set to hibernate / standby after a set time of inactivity? Go to Control Panel> Power Options...then in the Power Schemes tab you'll see the available power management settings.

my bios will not allow me to change the voltage settings.it allows me to look at the settings..but i cant change them i dont think..and yes i have tried changing the power options. i have win2k and i had to turn off the hard disk shut down.

Try Disconnecting every connector inside the cpu... and then connect them again even the mobo connector from the psu... and check all your PCI cards and the AGP Graphic card if they are safely in there position...

it think it is your connections. i had the same problem, i think its the restart switch, power led.. etc.. check their connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom