Raptor 74gb performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
I wanted to get some other peoples take on the 74gb Raptor drive. Mine is kind of loud and it is making me really consider RMA'ing it. Anyone think its loud?

Also, I wanted to compare performance. There are some settings in my bios and I don't know what is optimal for sata drives. Please compare results. Thanks.

Sandra Benchmark

I have dual 36gb raptors, that i will have running on raid0. My computer wont be finished for another 2 weeks or so. So i havent personally ran them. Although my buddy has dual 74gb raptors. They load pretty fast, i think. He has a 3.0ghz prescott, with no OC. So its a huge waste. Im going to OC it for him after i finish my computer, and get my OC results.. I think they would run alot fast with a faster cpu to work with them.

Bump

I will be interested to see has those 2 36gb run in RAID. I might add another 74gb in a while and RAID them.

Anyone have any benchs for a single 74gb raptor? I just want to see if mine is on par. I have tried fiddleing with bios settings and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm running a single 74GB raptor with an AMD Athlon XP 3200 with a gig RAM, and XP pro loaded in about 20 mins. Can't vouch for noise, though. My PSU sounds like an Abrams tank.

Ok...it's showing it working 3mb/sec faster than the 15k hard drive...so based on that don't you think you can conclude it's going pretty fast?

It's beating out the other 10K drives by 20mb/sec and the 15K drive by 3mb/sec which is pretty odd IMO

Probably because of the PC4200

I run two 36.7 Gb Raptors in my home PC, Raid 1 mirror.

I run a single 74 Gb Raptor in a shuttle workstation at the office.

These drives are fairly quiet, even though they let you know they are spinning at 10K RPM. Even under heavy paging, the drives are almost silent.

The 74Gb Raptor runs a 4.5 ms sekk time, the 36.7 Gb Raptor runs a 5.2 ms seek time. I am not exactly sure why, but that will make a difference in some configuartions.

I have had zero problems with these drives. I would reccomend them to anyone who wants speed and reliability in a system.

As far as I know, there are no BIOS adjustments to be made to make them work any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom