Stop: c0000221 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklabel67

Beta member
I am trying to get into the recovery console for a computer I am trying to repair for a co-worker. Windows xp home will not load due to an Unmountable_Boot_volume error and while trying to get into the recovery console with floppy disks I get to disk 6 and get the error Stop: c0000221 Unknown hard Error \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll. My problem is that i cannot get into windows xp to put a new ntdll.dll file into the system. What can I do to get it into windows without having to reinstall xp?

well you can try to put in the win xp cd to repair it and try it there to replace the file

but your other option is to only reinstall

Your best bet would be trying to repair it

boot from cd, run setup
after that hit repair
let it run and install and after that, should work, if not, you have to reinstall windows

what if i pulled the hard drive and connected it to my pc and then copy the ntdll file over? Would that work and if so how exactly would I go about doing it?

I had this problem at one time and I tried everything from repairing the OS to reinstalling the OS and even replacing the hdd. ** After all of this I tried the memory and that was the problem :D . Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom