Ok, serious random rebooting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdot

Beta member
Ok, so i have a SONY VIAO Factory brand.. neva had problemz wid it.. however, for the past year i been getting random reboots. So i called up Sony, and asked them to help me out, but everytime i called all i got was "Do a system reboot." So i listened to them, and yet it still did not get rid of my problem. I have to continue rebooting my system every 2 weekz for me to use my computer pretty well. And it really suckz, so if any knowz wht may cuase this problem can they help?.. I once got a error after a random reboot saying one of my drivers was corrupted, however, did not mention which one. I also read a thread saying my power supply isnt strong enough for my Video card?.. but that cudnt have been the problem since its all factory brand.. can someone help?

are you saying that you leave it on constantly and do not soft boot it but every two weeks? I'm a proponent for leaving a system on 24/7, but even though I think its better to leave a system on all times, u STILL have to reboot it once in awhile. You may want to disable auto shutdown/reboot after system failure in the system prop/advanced/startup and recovery section.

is it under warranty anymore? if so just send it back and they'l prolly just ship u a new one.

i couldnt tell you how to test these parts without replacing them with a nown good part. but since u got that error, id try a different PSU and see if that fixes it, if not make shur your EIDE cables or Molex power connectors arnt damaged. if u have another comp u could stick the HD in there and run tests on it.

im having the same problem and I am 75% sure it's my power supply.
Did you put a different gfx card in or something?

EDIT: It's perfecetly normal to have to reboot every 2 weeks if that's what your saying.

yeah, thats kind of what I noticed... 2 weeks does not equal a system problem... may wanna be a little more specific.

nooo noo i mean a system reboot not by turning the computer off and then back on lol.. I mean using the disks the computer came with, the ones where u use to refresh your whole system to what you had when you bought it. A system restore, thats the word lol. Thats the best way i can explain it.. And no, i did not install a new gfx card.. using the same one. Also, my warrenty expired. Is there a way i can just start it back up, and a little later send this piece of junk back in for a new one?

If im correct its because a driver on your computer was installed wrong or its not digitally signed by windows (which means that its not supported by windows,and therefor it will cause the driver to malfunction and do stuff to your computer!):mad: :( ;) :) :eek:

do you now how i can go about in figuring out which driver it is?.. is there a scan i can do that will inform me which driver does not support windows?

Re:

Hello,

You can check to see which drivers on your PC are digitally signed by windows, by going to Start> Run >...then type sigverif.

Firstly, when your system randomly reboots, does it do so without an error message, blue screen or STOP Error Message?

If so, you might have Automatic Restart enabled, preventing you to be presented with an error message when the problem occurs. You can disable it by going to Control Panel> System> Advanced tab...then in the Startup and Recovery section, click on the Settings button. The uncheck Automatic Restart in system failure.

If Automatic Restart is already disabled, or you'd wish to approach this another way, you can go to Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer (if installed). In Event Viewer, you can check system logs for any recorder error recordings at the time of failure. Next, it's simply a case of researching the reported error.

ok, verified my drivers and found 2 unsigned.. susbiso.sys and susblcd.sys .. does anyone know if there needed?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom