Anyone want to learn how to slipstream SP2 into XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly do u mean by slipstream this coputer had heaps of trouble with sp2 so i got rid off it

Sure did a few weeks ago. Ended up using the elder geeks site and the comp Im on is a slipstream sp2 . SP2----so far so good!!!

nothging working right but I am new to xp so could be my problem or some bad software so its all working well now but without sp2 .so what is slipstreaming? I like to learn all i can :)
mandy

Integrating SP1 or SP2 into your installation cd of XP so you dont have to download all them updates..

ooooooooooooooohhhhh i,m not sure i need to learn that though I am going to have a go at linux on a spare puter and see how it goes

uuuuu uuuu mee meee! lol..That will save us from having to purchase a new media disk with the new SP2 installed. We just had recieved the one with SP1 installed and then SP2 came out.dang it.. There only like $25 for us enterprise ppl, but still. Does it retain the same CD-Key info and such?

Are you offering to teach people how to slipstream? Because I'd actually like to get SP1 into my copy.

Are you offering to teach people how to slipstream? Because I'd actually like to get SP1 into my copy.

That's the idea...and actually, it works very well. I've done it as well and it makes life so much easier. I still have to use the Windows Update cause they have released 11 HotFixes now to SP2!!!! BUT, I don't have to spend HOURS on there downloading SP2.

There are several ways to do it, you can follow the instructions on the site at the elder geeks site or any of the others I'll list, but the easiest is one called AutoStreamer

The way *I* did it was this way:
Start with this one:
Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Slipstreaming Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) Go to the end of step 4.

Then move over to this one(I had to use two cause I don't have Roxio 5 or 6 and 7 can NOT be used)
Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD - HelpWithWindows.com And pick up where is starts with:
Next, start Nero Burning ROM, and choose CD-ROM (Boot) in the New Compilation window.

There are also these guides:
Slipstreaming Windows 2000/XP [SP1,SP1a,SP2] (Windows 2000/XP) - TACKtech Corp.
EXTREME Overclocking - Updating Your Windows XP Install CD: A Slipstream & Bootable CD Guide Article
Windows 2000/XP SP Slipstreaming
V I P E R L A I R .com - How-To Slipstream Windows XP SP1a (same applies to SP2)
Slipstreamed Windows XP CD Using SP2
I hope these help and Warez Monster can explain in depth how to do them, I'm just giving you the links I've found. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom