Buying a New Computer - Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
gohorsesgo said:
Thank you Gage, and if I put down my computer controls and learn to fly a real plane, I will be sure follow your advice.

If you can properly use a simulator (on realism settings) assuming it's a good flight sim, you can basicly fly.

I recomend building your own PC, since it's cheaper and you get alot more for your money.

Thanks Gage, and I were to attempt putting one together then I guess I would like to keep it in the $700 - $800 range.

Hyperthreading is an Intel technlogy which basically simulates dual core processing on single dual chips. It does increase performance, but it will not provide the same results as literal dual core setup.

For your requirements, I would recommend a Celeron or Sempron. Yes, many people will tell you they are the lower end of the technology availible today, however unless you are doing larger, number crunching processes, you do not require an Athlon or Pentium.

The Celeron/Sempron route is the better choice for you in my opinion, you don't really need the larger cache size, and the L2 cache on some of these processors are starting to increase so they are not as bad as they are made out to be. Even better, they are much more cost effective processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom