temperature too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale5605

Daemon Poster
I'm running my processor stock with no overclocking. I recently installed ASUS pc probe to check out my temps and things.
Just on my desktop it says my CPU is at 52C and my mobo is at 28C.
I'm wondering is that too hot for just sitting on desktop?

Also does anyone here have an ASUS board and use the AiBooster utility? I just downloaded and installed it, it seems really nifty.

Your load temperature would be more concern than the idle temp so you need to run prime95 for 30 mins and see how hot it gets after that time

66C!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneoneone
I thought it was about to catch on fire after 30 minutes

:grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind:

Yeah 66C is pretty hot especially for an Intel. You definitely need some better cooling on that thing

hahaha... i have a gigabyte amd and it runs at 102º stock cooling
You mean a gigabyte board with an AMD CPU?

Of course it's running cool 102F is 38C for anyone who cares, but yeah it's also 3 times slower :p

ok I'm using the AiBooster program to adjust my temp and stuff so I'm wondering what I should set it at for best performance/health of processor. There are two ways I can adjust the CPU fan speed. There is an auto so I can set the desired CPU temperature anywhere between 20C and 100C. There is also a manual fan speed control where I can set the speed level from 11 to 15. So far to test it I set it to 15 and I heard it get louder and now my temperature is at about 47C. So what I should set it at for best performance/health of processor? I'm not planning to overclock it, 3.4 ghz is plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom