vf700-cu mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Im thinking about gettin one of these when i get paid

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=149&code=013

but was wondering if any1 has seen or heard of any1 modding it. i just thought u might be able to put a 120mm fan on it rather than the 80ish mm fan thats comes with it. now i know the fan is set in the middle of the fins so i thought u might be able to rise the 120mm fan afew cm up to just about so it would fit. If u know what i mean. might be crazy but still thought would be good :)

Yeah i know what you mean. The only problem with replacing the fan, is it would work off the same engine. You know what i mean. So in other words, it would be a bigger fan working at a pretty slow rate. But, if you have a 120mm fan on your removable side panel, then you would be getting about 75% more air for the stock fan to work with.

For that type of MOD, i dont think their would be a real benefit. I would suggest a PCI cooler, and the 120mm fan on the removable side panel. That way theirs alot more air for that fan to kool that heatsink.

But if you wanted to get real technicial, you could make a 120mm fan"Container" then MODD it in your case somewhere, so its blowning striaght onto the heatsink itself. But i do think that the stock zalman fan, would still work good. Just the way that heatsink is desigined around the fan.

ok thanks. ive already got a 80mm case fan blowing straight at my heatsink just tryin to get better cooling for not more noise. ive havent got a spare 120mm fan so im gonna turn off and pull off xp120 and see if could imagine sum kind of design to hold it there :)

ok ive had a look and the "dead zone" of the 120mm fan is to big around the gpu core so that would be a waste of time. i think u could get a way to get a 92mm fan in there although u would loose 3 pci slots. that doesnt bother me though cos only use sound card in bottom slot and there is space for that, so any big ass fanless gpu cooler would do very nicely is i could make a bracket to hold the fan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom