Help me build my computer please

Status
Not open for further replies.

woomehoo

Solid State Member
my budget for my custom computer is $550(yea i'm not that rich)
i want a computer that could play HL2, DOOM3 and other new games, also it could do fast encoding( i prefer Pentium4). my friend he builded a good computer(my opinion) at the price of $550 something like 1.5 year ago, so if i build my computer right now i think my computer will be a little bit better than his at $550 because the price for though components went down. His specs is Pentium4 2.4, 512 MB RAM, Nvidia FX5200 128MB, 80GB harddrive, Case W/ 420Watt, Monitor(Not LCD) = $550 something. now he moved so i couldn't ask him to help me. o yeah i forgot, i already bought a video card Nvidia FX5500 128MB AGP 8x.
Thank You Very Much, I'm Really Appricate Your Help.

Okay i did some research.
CASE
Raidmax Silver W/ 420Watt
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-139&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE
CPU
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=19-116-185&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE
MOBO
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-157-039&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

(this gonna be really dumb)
about the memory, some memory have different pins, so which pin should i look for my mobo? and what kind of type of hard drive do i need IDE, SATA?

Well if you want a computer to play games such as HL and Doom3, you need something good. The FX5200 would have problems playing it. You might be able to play it at very low settings. Your going to need a better video card then that, if you want to REALLY play those games. I dont see you builting a gaming computer with 500$ sorry. If you can pull around 800$, then you can get something going.

no u must misunderstand, i have a Fx 5500. i don't want a really good gaming computer i just want to play new games without lag. my friend told me he could play HL2 with his computer( the spec above) without lag and freezing or other error, it play fine.

hmm if ur on that budget, ur not gona get much of a gaming CPU from intel..
try n get a 3000+ 64bit aMD or something...

VIII said:
hmm if ur on that budget, ur not gona get much of a gaming CPU from intel..
try n get a 3000+ 64bit aMD or something...

i could get a Pentium4 2.8 W/ mobo for like $200.

it will be cheaper if you get amd, but you want intel, so it does not really matter, amd will just perform alittle better at gaming then intel but there is not that much differnce with the 3000+ and the 3.0ghz.

phosho510 said:
it will be cheaper if you get amd, but you want intel, so it does not really matter, amd will just perform alittle better at gaming then intel but there is not that much differnce with the 3000+ and the 3.0ghz.

But does AMD do fairly good at encoding movies? if yes then i'll change it to AMD.

get at least pc 3200 for memory and try for 1 gig although i have 512 right now and hl2 runs real smooth.

also get sata hard drives. they are much faster and you should get 2 small hard drives in a raid array (data stripping)
actually that might not be good for encoding. im not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom