Computer specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
Im new to computer building but think i have decent parts picked out. tell me if this is good enough to last for a couple years performance wise.

Amd 64 3500+ socket 939
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe NForce 4
2x Seagate 120 GIG sata 7200 rpm (Raid 0 for data stripping)
PQI POWER 1GBx1 pc-3200 ram
No sound card(integrated is good for now)
forgot whichvgraphics card but its 128 ATI about 100 bucks
16x dvd writer
dvd/cd reader

a $100 dollar ATI 128mb card, with an AMD 64 SLI system is a waste. Get a good PCI-E video card and prepare for SLI.

If you're not planning on doing any gaming, that will be a fine computer. However, you'll have to spend at least $200 on a video card that will last you for a little while for gaming.

i know i need to upgrade my graphics card but im trying to spend as little as possible on things that are easy to upgrade later

If you're trying to spend as little as possible, why are you getting two hard drives right now? Also, you could get a 3200 and save yourself quite some money without too much of a performance drop.

ATI dont make a 128meg PCI-E card for 100ish bucks. Im guessing it's agp.

The x300 and x600 are around those prices though

gaming. lots and lots of gaming. but not real hardcore like half life 2 on its highest settings. by the way, does anyone know if this could run hl2 on its best setting if i got a new gp

What is a GP? If it is a graphics card, and you got a 6800gt, then ya you could probably hit highest settings, or extremely close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom