slipstream help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibitzer

Solid State Member
I have a new computer which i am trying to install windows xp pro onto. The problem is, i have a sata hard drive and no floppy drive. That means that i have to slipstream the sata drivers on a boot disk. I know how to slipstream, i just dont know what to slipstream. I have an ASUS a8v deluxe mobo, and i am not sure what drivers i will need. I think i am going to need Ulsata and viasraid, but i am not sure. Can someone please tell what i am supposed to slipstream?

kibitzer said:
That means that i have to slipstream the sata drivers on a boot disk. I know how to slipstream, i just dont know what to slipstream.

that is not the definition of slipstreaming. you are making a boot floppy.

I think he's making a sata driver floppy. if he is than all he needs to do is put the driver onto a floppy. I don't think you can install a sata driver from a CD

You do not need a floppy and YES you can slipstream the SATA drivers onto the windows CD I know this because i have done this before.

Check out this page, Green Machines Space It is a dificult thing to do for a n00bie but read everything carefully and if you need more help checkout THIS PAGE under the Unattended Windows Discussion & Support tab.

You can also use google to search for more, there are a few more pages i used but i am on limited time at the moment, when i get home tonight i will track down some more info for you.:)

Drworm2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom