Amd 64 Unstable when OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
right... i get whut ur saying about raising my VCore buht the problem is when i do.. i restart and it says bad BIOs press F1 to run setup. Well i put my HTT to 235 and raise my VCore from 1.575 to 1.6v. Should i increase the VCore further? Cause when i put the vcore to 1.6v it says bad bios ...

Yeah dude, make sure your RAM can take 225 as well.

And for me I just started toying to, but havnt messed will the multiplier yet, because i think I require more vcore than im willing to give to the chip with a safe concience right now.

But just for perspective, ABIT has auto-defined settings to overcock to (that they tested). And for my chip, when I lock agp/pci at 66mhz, and up to 220 mhz FSB, they recooment 1.7vcore

So thats a .26ghz increase, and the regular vcore is 1.5v. Hope it helps.

You need to run prime95 as that gives you a good idea of how stable your computer is.

More than likely currently forever you are OC'ing your RAM and you don't know enough about overclocking to stabelize the CPU and RAM at the same time so you need to underclock the RAM so you can focus on just upping the clock speed of the CPU.

When in windows run prime95

If it freezes up, you need quite a bit more Vcore to stabelize the CPU, if it simply gives you an error right away , then you still need more Vcore, but atleast it's on the road to being somewhat stable since it's not simply freezing.

Then from there it's just trial and error, raising the Vcore and testing it with Prime95 to make sure it's stable.

Stable system should run +12 hours in prime95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom