Slight P4 3.4 OC, Results? *pictures*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look in your pics. In the information provided on the RAM, it'll say Int Buffr and at the bottom says Bandwidth Efficiency 60% after you OC'd it. Originally it was at 75% and the OC lowered it's efficiency.

I cant see the Float Buffr because you have it cut off a little before that.

Perhaps it has to do with DDR2 just not being quite as effective as DDR yet or something, but those seem like awfully low numbers.

Well, I figure the best way to cure that problem is to go higher :D

Got it to 3.9GHz. The funny thing is the memory effeciency you mentioned actually got a little better. Although it still sounds likes its low. Is there anything to do about it or is that just a "o well" sort of thing.

CPU-Z

Memory Bench

The thing is holding stable so I will consider pushing higher but I don't know. Still want to get that cooling first. Although the temps haven't changed from the last OC, ~40 idle and ~60 load.

The thing I've seen most effect bandwidth efficieny was general different custom BIOS's, but since you're using an Intel and DDR2, I couldn't point you in any direction. It could be because DDR2 or something simply isn't efficient at this point in time.

Could be an 'oh well' type thing, because I couldn't directly tell you how to 'fix' it really....I just remember when coming to OC'ing the RAM some people were getting anal when it dropped into the 80% and RAM running at only 60% efficiency seems out of place

Thanks for all the info Nubius. It would be nice if someone with a similar setup could post results. P4 w/DDR2, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom