My neighbor's wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you guys are all have good morals. He is a dunce not to encrypt his network but i know how you feel. My neighbor encypted his network awhile back and i don't wanna sap off his network by hacking into it, which is more illegal.
You can also disable the networks you use if you have Windows XP w/ service pack 2. I don't know where specifically it is, because i'm on a network bridge and i don't use it anymore, but i'm pretty sure that it's in the control panel somewhere. Look under the security options/internet options/something like that.

Ooo...look i'm having second thoughts.
/start menu/my network places on the left hand side task bar there's network tasks and below that view network connections. Click on that and view all avalable connections and you can disable stuff from there.

He can send your a computer a RPC (remote procedure call) to shut it down. Since you are on his network and he is probably the admin of it.

emeraldice said:
I'm glad you guys are all have good morals. He is a dunce not to encrypt his network but i know how you feel. My neighbor encypted his network awhile back and i don't wanna sap off his network by hacking into it, which is more illegal.
You can also disable the networks you use if you have Windows XP w/ service pack 2. I don't know where specifically it is, because i'm on a network bridge and i don't use it anymore, but i'm pretty sure that it's in the control panel somewhere. Look under the security options/internet options/something like that.

This is just a dumb tech forum. We wouldnt know how to do stuff like that :p

Also i am not sure how to use the RPC, if anyone would elaborate. I have sometihng called IPC$

He can send your a computer a RPC (remote procedure call) to shut it down. Since you are on his network and he is probably the admin of it.
yes, this would be usefull to know how to do. please explain how. and your shur this can be done with any computer, or r u maybe refering to something on a windows2000 server or what not.

well my wireless i have a question about, when i use my pci wireless card, it is connected at a good signal stegth then all of a sudden it goes to no signal after like 5 mins of good signal, and repedly does that

jolancer said:
yes, this would be usefull to know how to do. please explain how. and your shur this can be done with any computer, or r u maybe refering to something on a windows2000 server or what not.

Ok, I have this program called GFI LANguard **(this is not a hacking program)**. It tests multiple exploits/missing patches and what not.This program tells me everything about a computer. Plus it is a desktop administration utility. You can scan websites and LAN (wireless or wired). If the computer administrator is using this program, he/she can check for "loop holes" in your system ie: missing patches, open ports etc, MAC address. It also grabs a copy of your windows login password contained in a hash key. Also you can send a message to the user or send them a RPC Shutdown command, basically it tells the user or victim to save your work because your computer will be shutdown in 30 seconds. It does no damage it just pi$$es them off!

Also you can screw up the clock on the computer by changing the year/date/time.

This program has alot of potential to do more.

Yeah just go over there and say," Hi, I am your next door neighbor, I connected to your network and did a full system patch and exploit scan of you network and found out your missing a buffer overrun patch 66k2 for XP, also port 45 is open, which is vulnerable to port floods"

He will look at you with a look that you have never seen b4 on somebodies face. :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom