Problems with INTERNET EXPLORER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

creative

Beta member
Hello all! i have a problem with my internet explorer, when i connect to my ISP and click on IE my home page does not display, it says that it could not be found. However when i press the home icon a couple of times it would maybe appear. Also when i try to connect to a site the same happens and even when im browsing through a site and i want to enter a link . I tried to install firefox, it works better but sometimes it does the same thing. can anyone help me!!! do u think its a problem with my connection or some other fault in windows XP service pack 1? do u guys think i should do? Thanks alot!!

I tried scanning it with both spybot and ad-aware. it found a couple of things and deleted them. I noticed another thing today. when i first turn on my comuter and connect to my ISP, everything seems to work fine with both IE and firefox( i prefare firefox). however when a certain amount of time passes things start not to respond with both of them. 2day i left my computer on with the computer still connected, eveything was working ok when i left but when i came became the internet just frooze!!!! it was connected but there was no transfer. is was as if i wasn't connected at all. even outlook did not respond. but when i restart my computer everything works fine again. I think its some sort of transfer problem. Its like there is a timer!!!! i really need some help!!!!!!!!!!

I installed service pack 2 and microsoffts antispyware and the problem disappeared. i don't know which one did the trick. thanks anyway. what do u recommend as a good firewall.?

So you want him to spend 100$ for this when he can spend nothing for Zone Alarm Firewall? Or if he wants to spend 50$, he can get ZA Pro. Plus he has to configure it and so on, Zone Alarm is a simple install, hardly no configuring. Id trust ZA before Id trust any hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom