dual processers

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY CRAPOLIE its 1grand forget that dude i cant get that much money im only turning 15 on sunday!!! i cant afford to switch to amd at the momento, when i turn 16 and get a job and get money ill switch, unlessu can get me one for about $100-$500..please post back

ok lol. amd are ALOT cheaper than intel. how much were u expecting to pay for that P4 3.4EE was it? if ur wanting that price i think ur best off looking at amd still. maybes a 3200 939 winchester core?

Quote - "what about for both school work and gaming?" - IntelUser101
I wouldn't worry that much about school work. If you're running anything faster than a 1 gighertz school work is fine. Besides, how much school work can you do at once? And for the duel processors...if you can make it work, it's only about 1.5 times faster.

i wished that i switched to amd sooner, intel runs to hot, and amd runs much better than intel. it is also fun to actually oc, instead of worrying that your cpu is going to blow from the heat.

dual channel RAM uses 2 DDR RAM disks, and tries to transfer data to and from them both at the same time to theoretically give double the performance.

dual CPU's and dual grapics cards: basically, 2 pieces of hardware that work together on one thing, or independantly on their own tasks. this would theoretically give double the performance

but notice the word theoretically I used. usually it does not give double the performance
conditions are usually not perfect, and that means it cannot run to its full potential
while theoretically dual hardware would give 2 times the performance, that is only at its best (which is practically never). most of the time it gives about 150% of the performance of single hardrare, and sometimes not even that
ther are many reasons why this is so:
* sometimes they have to communicate with each other, which makes it slower
* sometimes the programs you use are not optimised for dual hardware
* sometimes (in the case of RAM) more data is needed from one RAM disk than from the other, so the other RAM disk doesn't transfer as much, therefore less is transferred in a certain time
* a lot of the time dual hardware creates higher latencies
* sometimes the other hardware bottlenecks the dual hardware

and there are probabbly more I haven't thought of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom