can't download e-mail after outlook upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

muradtalukdar

Baseband Member
Having problems downloading e-mail after upgrade from outlook 2000- outlook 2002. I can send them fine. I can connect to the net fine. I just can't receive them even though the send/receive status says it is complete.

The test settings button says that everything is fine in the accounts section too.
Puzzled.....

muradtalukdar said:
Having problems downloading e-mail after upgrade from outlook 2000- outlook 2002. I can send them fine. I can connect to the net fine. I just can't receive them even though the send/receive status says it is complete.

The test settings button says that everything is fine in the accounts section too.
Puzzled.....

Have you tried deleting and recreating the account?

No, but you might want to check your settings and make sure your incoming mail POP3 is using port 110.

That same place where you test the account is a option named "More Settings" go to the advanced tab there and incoming should be 110, outgoing smtp should be 25

It's okay thanks mate--worked out that the mail server we have in the states has been forwarding everything onto her bigpond web account and deleting everything as it goes. I just recreated her other bigpond account and hey presto! thanks for the help...

The upgrade hosed the profile and then deleted every other account but the default...gotta love those windoze upgrades....sigh...

............... did u re- installed the outlook again ???....................
if not ........... then re-install outlook and..................
check it after re-starting ur pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom