Slight P4 3.4 OC, Results? *pictures*

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
Well, I finally got back from out of town and had a chance to actually try an OC on my new system. Since I do not have a lot of experience with overclocking I thought I would see what you guys thought about the benchmark results.

I OC'd the P4 3.4 by reducing the multiplier to x14 and increasing the FSB to 266, for a total of 3.7GHz, running on a total 1066 FSB. So here it is:

CPU-Z Shot:

CPU Before:

CPU After:

Memory Before:

Memory After:

Props to Image Shack
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

I forgot some info. My temps are holding (prescott standards) OK with this OC, about 40c idle and 60c full load. It is Prime stable.

Damn nice OC dude, good thing you got your FSB on the 1ghz marker. Man, your cpu i so much better now. What cooling are you using?

Thanks Codeine. I am still on stock cooling. Stock Intel HSF and 2 80mm case fans. Upgrading my cooling is definately the next project, I am just not really looking into taking this mobo back out so I have been putting it off. :p

If you had a good air cooling system or liquid cooling system, you could hit 4.0ghz. You should hurry and get that cooling system roling.

i've got that processor running at 4.13 ... get a cooler case or better cooling and you'll be runnin crazy style :)

Yeah thats a really fast cpu you have Rollincatera. Can you show your benchmarks please? My friend has a 3.0ghz prescott 478. Im hoping i can OC it to 3.6ghz 900mhz FSB, with moderate cooling. Since he wont get anything special.

Your RAM Bandwidth efficiency is really slacking. Down from 75% to 60% once you've OC'd it which really isn't good at all. You'd want up in the 80's atleast, but I don't know why it'd be running with such low efficiency.

It's definitely a nice CPU and memory OC, but those low efficiency numbers would be of some concern IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom