6800GT too slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly do you mean by slow? how are the frames per second? does the game just stop and start with out the fps being affected? what is it?

I dont know why you just dont turn that card into a Ultra. Then OC your processor around 400mhz. Thats basicly the only thing you can do about it, besides get something better. Thats alot better then doning....ummm.......nothing.

dude i got almost as bad as bad as Nubius wid a lowest A64(2800+) and a friggren fx5500 . Hitting bout 60fps on an old game like CS and im worrying all the time if i could play WoW. U on the other hand play games like u want it in Reality. Just give me your video card if u don like it lol

:eek: no no you guys took it the wrong way! I DID turn mine into an ultra, look at the OC! But no im happy w/ the card and im not real big on AA anyways but i was just experimenting w/ it and saw that it was laggin alot lol. Bu tno im happy w/ it and sorry i already promised Beed the card lol. But i realize i make it sound like im not happy w/ it but i figured i could get more out of the card everybody talks about ya know? But im very happy w/ it AND my rig im just fooling aroun dw/ it for right now cause im kinda bored w/ it! And the 2gigs of ram really improve my sys cause when i take it down to 1 gig it slows big time. Im just gonna leave my system the way it is for right now and im prolly gonna stay w/ all high settings and 1600x1200 res@85hz. It looks real good dont get me wrong but when you play at those settings w/ 8xAA your gonna S%*#$ your pants lol! It looks incredible on Doom3 and at Ultra hihg and at that res holy crap. But im just gonna drop the AA cause im not really a big fan w/ it now. I dont like slow games if ya know what i mean.

AA = Anti - Aliasing, makes jagged edges smooth n stuff, kind of de pixelates edges n stuff makes it smooth, if u know like with pixels n vectors

Wheres the definition for AF too VIII :p

AF is Anisitropic Filtering, helps for the scene in the background to be clear.

P.P. .........jeez, 1600x1200 resolution and you're wondering why it slows down at 8x AA, yeesh, and I suppose you're trying to do it on Ultra settings too? That's just ridiculous stress on any card.

Get SLI and theres a way to force Doom3 to run at like 2048x1600, I heard THAT looks just freakin amazing to the point even where the developers were amazed, but they ran that using a 6800Ultra so theoretically yours should handle it too

hehe i wasnt actually SURE what it did :p *doo do doo*

*thanks for pointing that out :amazed: *

Nice 2048x1600 now thast good! lol but of course on ultra settings! yea i was thinking abou sli but why now? I JUST upgraded my system and dont fell like messing w/ something thast not broke ya know? I really want sli though but i just put money on this board and i gotta catch up on somethings so ill have it in the near future. for now my GT is good enough really cause ive stopped using AA for now. I use it for games like Mechwarrior4 and stuff. Oh and even some old games wear my video starts to tear lol! Nothing you can do really to crappy Graphics lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom