raid 0+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Ive got my nice raid0 setup atm but i wad looking for some backup for it just incase had problems with one of the drives. Now if i put the two 120gig disks in raid0 as they are cos i buy a 250gig single drive and use that as the raid1 or would it limit the speed to the read/write of that single drive? just 1 250 drive is £100 and 120gig drives are £60 each.

If you had two drives in RAID 1 then although you only get the space of one I believe you get the performance of RAID 0. Otherwise what would be the point.

I'm not really sure what you are asking aj2003....but just to clear RAID 0+1 up a little.....you need 4 drives for RAID 0+1 (2 sets of 2 striped drives that are mirrored).

yea i know u need 4 drives for raid 0+1 ie in my case it woul dbe 4 120gig drives, BUT wat i wanted to know was if i could run everything from my main raid0 setup ie my 2 120gig drives and have the 250gig one as the +1 bit rather than another 2 120gig drives. or if doin this would limit the speed of the raid0. hope that makes it abit more clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom