psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
what is the recommended minimum amount of power supply required to run a 6600gt? coz my friend wants to know. his system isn't hi end at all. just uses a pentium 4 2+ GHz, 512 ram n don't know what mobo n all. thanks 4 d info.

uhm from the top of my head its like 350 W , but dont take too much notice of the reccomended... this guy who i know is running 8 case fans, a v9999 Ultra, 3 cathodes, 3 hds including a raptor all on an Antec TruePower 350W

Plus the Pure Power series actually can deliver their full potential whereas some no-name brands who say 400w may only be able to effectively deliver 350 or even less.

the lowest in the 400 series is 430 watts, which is $70 more than the cost of the 380 watts psu. there's no 400 watt psu available here. only some no-name brands. so, if he can fit 430 watts in his budget, that would b better. i'll recommend it to him anyways. there's not much variety here compared to the US. thanks again.

I have a thermaltake TD-420AD i will be using i will be using with a very alike setup just with an AMD 3400+ OC'ed to a 3800+ (and much higher when i get more power :p )

I just have to drive to the post office to pick it up.

Remeber, brand names are important (for power supply's). My 420 watt raidmax is pure crap and I am doubtful it's delivering over 250 watts (because it's only drawing 250 watts max, with me trying to suck power out of it)

antecs are very good. i used to use no-name rubbish now ive got my antec 480W its alot more stable and i can overclock further plus im running 2 cathodes and about 6 fans :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom