AMD64 939 Cooler Suggestions ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Hey,

I was going to be getting a 3000+ retail but i might be able to get a 3500+ OEM for £95 (friend of a friend works for ebuyer :D ). So any suggestions to a good cooler, i dont want to spend to much but i dont want a crappy one that isnt going to work properly either. Links would be useful too please :)

Thanks
- Chris

wow, I don't know what the conversion is on that to US dollars, but I know it's a lot cheaper than the $225+ it is for that 3500 over here.

I'd suggest looking into the Thermalright SLK series heatsinks, or the Thermaltake XP series heatsinks.

Zalman makes a good heatsink but is rather large.

Also, guy named mike in these forums just bought a Tower 112 I believe it is and it's givin him nice and cool temps, his was for XP but I wouldn't doubt if they have a AMD64 version as well.

That thing is an absolute monster, real heavy but real effective appearantly.

well the retail 3500+ cost £180 so the retail will be a bit less than that.

I will have a look at those thermaltake ones.

edit: well i can only found thermaltake and its not for amd, and no thermalright ones.
Im going to have a look somewhere else lol.

im gonna try and find that on some english stores and see how much it is. Do i need something like artice silver with the OEM too ?

Thermaltake Venus 12

I have this and as you can tell it keeps my temps pretty low <<--<<

They are a bit noisy, but are small and great coolers.

as i always say go for the thermalright xp120, its big but very very worth it ive got my 3200 at 2.2gig and just idleing its at 27C atm, max ive seen it is 36 after about 3hours of NFSU2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom