6800GT too slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Ok well your prolly already seceptical abou tthe title but yes my GT is becoming to slow for me. Ive been playing alot of hard core games and im just becoimg dissatisfied. Im trying to play all my games like doom3 and farcry on 8xAA and full everything. well im thinkin its becoming to slow for me. Ive been told im crazy for saying that but anybody have the same problem?

Well first, 8XAA is insane, you should only need 4xAA. Second, I will be glad to take your GT off your hands. :D Third, upgrading from a 6800GT to anything else save another 6800GT in SLI is a complete waste.

What beedub said. Be thankful you can even play with such specs. Considering your PC specs it would sound like you're being arrogant even if you aren't attempting to be.

There is no way anything about that system, hard core games or not, that would be 'too slow'

I think im pushing my water cooling as it is cause ive been playing w/ my system right now. I dont want to oc it to much, but what you said nubius, i am happy w/ what i got but before i wasnt that interested in 8xAA or any at all so what i had ran everything perfect! But ive been playing /w making things look alot better now so ive been playing w/ AF and AA now and it lags my system. I have been thinking about getting a SLI system but in the near future. IDK im just wondering how i can make my system better w/ what i got and im thinking its my GT thats boging me down now.

nvidias seem to have a bit of an issue with AA n AF compared to ATI... my 6600GT does the same, all games look great n run great until I crank up the AA/AF, except oddly enuf in Half Life2.. no game that I have at the mo runs better than half life 2 @ full quality, im talkin like FPS

Well also like beedub said, I'd be more than happy to take that 'boggy piece of crap' off your hands.

Makes me sick to hear someone say that that thing is getting too slow when I'm on socket A with an FX 5700 and have never been graced with the benefits of high settings.

I don't have any problems with you PP don't think anything like that, but come on....bogging down? That's ridiculous.

Nvidia doesnt like AA and AF and when cranked up have been known to fall behind in benches, but generally if you max out the resolution it'll make up for the AA, and the AF doesnt tax it as much.

Yes, as already stated, nVidia cards do not perform very well once you start to increase AA and AF settings, this is pretty common knowledge and you should have thought twice about purchasing an nVidia if you planned on increasing past 4x, especially on Doom 3 which doesn't seem to favour it at all.

The solution, simply lower your AA and AF settings back down, and increase other settings such as resolution, as Nubius already beat me to again. :p

Also, your 2gigs of memory may be contributing to the decrease in performance, once you start overlap 1024MB, unless you have a lightning fast processor, it will take longer to account for all that memory and slow down your system.

NVIDIA's dont work great with AA

Be happy with what you got, as i just built a new PC and it's nowhere near as good as yours. And I am happy with it too.

DJ-CHRIS said:
NVIDIA's dont work great with AA

Be happy with what you got, as i just built a new PC and it's nowhere near as good as yours. And I am happy with it too.

Yeah, be happy with your 6800GT. Most of us here with lower cards would kill for a card like that. And like I said earlier, there is really no use to having AA above 4x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom