Dual Xeons, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but its only 32 GB of pc3200 ram...
by the time 32gb of ram becomes standard i dont think 3200 is gona be the greatest
Dude....32gb of RAM will more than likely never become standard unless like 15 years down the road which I'm sure by then DDR3 or 4 would be out and seeingDDR10K or something, besides that there's always OC'ing. That board is purely server applications inwhich you'd need a server OS just to utilize all 4 processors working together.

It's not PCI-E based either, it's PCI-X which is different, so you couldn't get an X800, some PCI based card would be your best option for that particular one.

All they need is it to be able to display the OS so for that purposes that particular integrated graphics would more than work fine.

Yeah, the Xeons and Opterons are really something else.

But even this will seem like nothing once we leap over to a bunch of new technologies in the next year or so, imagine seeing the Athlon 64 FXs and Intel Extreme Edition processors running dual cores, and we still haven't even seen what the 64s are capable of running in a true 64 bit enviroment.

DJ-CHRIS said:
i would love even the dual xeon

However, quad CPU's and 32 gig of ram *orgasm*

Hurry get a napkin !!!!

If I had that computer I would make some money off of it. I would allocate either 4 Americas Army servers (1 server per CPU). And charge 29.99/month per server. Or host 8 Halo servers and charge 19.99/month. Also you could host a $hitload of websites and a hefty teamspeak server!

But you only see a computer like this in a professional setting or better yet enviroment . :mad:

I'd put in the 4 CPU's it requires, fill it up with RAM, then make it the centerpiece of my living room dining table, take lots of pictures just so everyone would be all pissed off at my awesomely beautiful centerpiece for dining :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom