System reboots sometimes when I exit a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quartz01

In Runtime
Well its happened twice to me within the last week so I am getting a little worried. Before I start, here are the specs of my new rig.
Athlon 64 3000+
Abit AV8
1gb Crucial pc3200 Ram
80gb ATA Western Digital Hard Drive
MSI 128mb 6600gt
Enermax 460w PSU

Anyways, I play a few different games daily and its only happened twice to me so far. Once I was playing Morrowind and quit to the main meun, and then press Exit to go to the destop my system rebooted. I thought it was not a problem and didn't worry about it. But today when I was playing UT04, and pressed exit to desktop, my system also rebooted. I have never seen a problem like this so I am a bit concerned.

I have the 69.93 (latest) drivers from nVidia, and those drivers have been nothing but problems in Far Cry and Half Life 2, but those are the only drivers that support a 6600gt so I gotta live with it. Anyways, anyone have an idea on what the problem might be?

yes, one question

when you playing the game, are the resolutions the same as your desktop?
cuz that might be the cause of it, while switching resolutions

Well, my desktop is at 1154X864 and thats the resolution I play Doom 3 and Half Life 2 at and I have never had a problem with those too, but Morrowind and UT04 i play at 1280* so maybe that is the problem. Course it has only happened once with each of those 2 games. Is there any fix to this or should I play everything at 1154X864

waynejkruse10 said:
play at a more commonly used resolution like 1024 x 768, or 1280 x 1024

do exactly what wayne sed, its best to play the most commonly used res. cuz most of these games are tested out of those res.

thats wut most monitor supports also

hmmm.. problem solved... sorta :-/

I changed by desktop from 1154X864 to 1024X768 and went to play UT04 again. Well I alt+tab out once and my system rebooted. So then I made it 1024X768 and I could alt+tab all I want. Funny how it works on 1154 (although I am no longer using this) and down but not the commonly used 1280X1024 (which UT04 ran on when it gave me problems...

Well IMO you shouldn't have to change your resolution and trick it to work although I couldn't pinpoint the cause for you either.

It's odd that it only does that when exiting the game, so hell maybe it is the weird res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom