taskbar/ background changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
I ran checkdisk after some hardrive corruptions, and now my taskbar is grey instead of blue and the start menu/control panel background is now white instead of blue. I have tried changing it back via themes but no diff. After rebooting it says i am using Windows XP (modified). Any suggestions aprreciated.
I have windows XP home. SP2.

I have been to the appearance tab and changed the color scheme but that does not fix my problem. I should also note that all "buttons" are now smaller, ie the Start button is now small, squarer and grey, and used to be larger, green and rounder. My browser is also affected (all files and folders affected) Firefox has windows 98 looking "style". My res is the same.
Also, under the Appearance tab, "Windows and Buttons"; this tab has only one option, "Windows classic Style", and Im thinking a option or two is missing?

Re:

Ah..Hello,

I or once had this issue, on the downstairs Windows XP PC. Not sure why or how, but the two Windows XP Themes journeyed off somewhere...It was only until I did a complete format was I able tp get it back...but that was when I formatted for a more critical reason.

I tried looking for information on th net, but couldn't find anything. I think it's a dead end issue :( .

Thanks guys,
I figured reformat or system restore will fix the problem. Windows has so many bugs its amazing, and my computers only one month old. How do I install that "undo Classic" link, sry i dont know. Its a text document.
What about the repair option with a Xp cd. Will i lose anything by doing that? Of course it will change all my settings......Argh
Cheers!

Re:

Hello,

A repair won't touch your personally created files, only system files. But it's always wise to backup your data before repairing, or frequently for that matter.

I've found that repair doesn't always fix issues, but I'm sure it will fix this one :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom