Gigabyte 3D1 (Dual GPU 6600GT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I was reading through the headlines on www.dailyrotation.com and saw something about this posted on Neowin News. So I surfed over and...whoa...

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/185/

imageview.php

It only works with a Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI mobo, and you cannot run two of them in an SLI. But...whoa...

And did you look at the benchmarks ? Booo, a 6800GT still owns it and it barely outperforms a single core 6600GT.

Edit: Nevermind, it's a good bit better than a single 6600GT but a 6800GT owns it when AA and AF is turned up and who dosen't wanna have that own when buying something that expensive ?

This has actually already been posted once before :)

The fact that you'd only be able to use it in a SLI mobo, but couldn't use them in SLI is pretty stupid.

I'd be more impressed if it could work across any PCI-E based board, regardless of SLI

Miller...that article says otherwise to your statements

"This my friends is a dual 6600GT card built with 256MB DDR III memory. The 3D1's two processors communicate through NVIDIA's SLI interface and achieves over 14,000 points in 3DMark2003, according to our tests. That my friends is even more then the Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition and NVIDIA's GeForce 6800 Ultra."

Beats out the X850XTPE and the 6800 Ultra according to them

In benchmarking it's good, let's take into account though that in games, as stated in their verdict" the 6800GT is simply better.

Yeah no doubt miller, plus that's only one benchmarking program not real world testing per se.

Hey, for less than $500, you get the mobo and the card. You can't do that with any other SLI-mobo and two graphics cards...yet.

Hes got a point. I would pay for the dual GPU instead of 2 video cards and a good sli board caue it would Possibly out perfrom the 2 cards. And i dont think its gonna be a voodoo 5. But the voodoo5 wasnt that bad it just didnt have enough tim eto expand like the new ati cards and nvidia cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom