amds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolution

Baseband Member
hey every one...
which one of these overclocks better amd64 3700,3200,3500 winchester or the 4000......so it can be as good as a 3.4 intel with 3d modeling and gaming.....

All of those processors OC absolutely great. Besides the 3200, all those are great over all. Anything over the 3500 are great for anything. For gaming, all of them would preform better.

which one is the best ?im not good with hardware but i would asume the amd64 4000 ....by the way ,the 4000s core is clawhammer is that better than prescot...and why....?

Well Intel and AMD are completely different. Same with the cores. You cant compare a Prescott core with a Clawhammer core, just the type of processor. For example, a AMD 4000 Clawhammer is better then a 2.4ghz P4 Prescott. Thats because the processor itself is better.

The 4000 is of course better then the 3.4 prescott. I mean ALOT better then the prescott. Same with the 3800 clawhammer. You cant compare a 4000 to a 3.4, for the simple fact that the 3.4 is just out of the league.

If you can afford a AMD64 3800 or a 4000, then grab that sucker. Those processor are top-line. Processor dont get much better.

dude i hope im not bothering you i just want to be happy with what im choosing....before i kind build around that...lol..so thanks

Codeine said:
All of those processors OC absolutely great. Besides the 3200, all those are great over all. Anything over the 3500 are great for anything. For gaming, all of them would preform better.

why is the 3200 winchester (i'm assuming 939) not "great overall"(i'm going to order it, so i was just wondering)

An AMD 4000 is roughly equal to a 4.0 Pentium (no such animal as of yet).

The numbers used by AMD show what it opporates equal to. I have a 2000+, which is roughly equal to a 2.0 P4.

Got it?

will i want a computer that i can use for modeling and gaming but every one said amd is better for gaming and the intel p4 is better for modeling...so i figuerd if i overclock an amd ill have something that would play the role of an intel....so i have agood modeling computer and a gaming computer....but if the amd 64 bit 4000 compares to a 4.0 intel do you think i should over clock or should i leave it as is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom