Windows XP Loading Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm maybe i should update the bios.. how would i be able to do it... im kinda new at this... thx all

running on Asus A7N8X-X Ver. 1004

oh yea Microbell.. Im used DDR333 512MB PC-2700

How would i change the voltage to the ram and the cpu? im using a 300 PSU

well if it was a power supply issue i think your computer would not give you a warning. and you say it developes after a few days after reinstalling.

i don't know about overflows, but it sounds like a virus to me. are you using any file sharing programs and have you scanned for viruses using the most up to date virus scanner?

microbell what were those other programs to try also? "spybot search and destroy" and "adaware"?

Can you get xp booted long enough to turn of the automatic reboot option in System | Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery | Settings (untick auto restart).

If so report back with BOSD.

Gq-Souljah said:
oh yea Microbell.. Im used DDR333 512MB PC-2700

How would i change the voltage to the ram and the cpu? im using a 300 PSU

Wish I would had seen this earlier, your problem with the rebooting issue is probably due to memory dumps. To prevent the PC from restarting next time you get it booted up, you need to disable to auto reboot feature here:

Right click My Computer, select properties, go to the advanced tab and in at the bottom, under start up and recovery select settings, here you will see a box that is selected under system failure "Automatically Restart" Uncheck that box and click OK. May ask you to reboot.

This will not solve your problem, just rather then automatically rebooting you will now get a BSOD, that blue screen that you spoke of in a earlier post that flashed so quick you could not read it, you will now be able to see the text as to what is causing the BSOD and my suspisions are since your using DDR333 as I am, you may only be able to use two memory slots.

Is your 512 one stick or 2-256Meg sticks? If its two sticks you need to use memory slots 1 and 3 only.

This is also known as the loop error, your 300Watt PSU could also be too small causing the loop error, specially if you got a video card thats pulling some juice.

As for your update on the BIOS, boot to DOS with a 98 boot disk, take disk out and put disk in with the .bin file and the AWDFLASH.exe on it that you downloaded from the link that was posted earlier (Be sure to write down the .bin file name before you boot to DOS you will need it). At the DOS prompt twpe AWDFLASH.exe and the program will start and show a screen to enter the .bin file name, this is why you need to write it down. Type in the file name, it should ask if you want to backup the BIOS and do sugest you do, then it will copy the backup to the floppy and prompt you to overwrite the CMOS with the new version. This process will take about 30-45 seconds then ask you to reboot. Be sure lights have not flickered and it is not storming when you flash the BIOS, if the power goes out during the flash your motherboard is ruined. You can have the BIOS chip replaced but by the time you pay shipping, wait 90 days to get the board back, you might as well buy a new one, not worth the hassle.

Good luck.

well i updated the BIOS to the latest one couple days ago.. but i still get the problem..im using 1 stick of 512mb ddr333... im gonna try putting up the voltage up 1 notch for both cpu and ram.. is this safe though?

Gq-Souljah said:
well i updated the BIOS to the latest one couple days ago.. but i still get the problem..im using 1 stick of 512mb ddr333... im gonna try putting up the voltage up 1 notch for both cpu and ram.. is this safe though?

YES, you will be safe upping the voltage for the memory, but I would not do the CPU at the same time. One adjustment at a time then test the outcome. Doing both VCore on the memory and CPU at the same time you will not know which one fixed the issue or caused more problems.

It is good you have one stick of 512 and not 2-256's. That eliminates one issue. Now what kind of video card you have and how much memory is on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom