//

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crlsn

Beta member
USB 2.0 HDD

For a long time I've been using a hdd drive as an external usb hdd.... And it worked fine...I tried connecting it to an older computer I have and that's when the problem stared. I heard this clicking sound and because it didn't get enough power I connected a power adapter to the USB device...The pc recognized it but it refreshed the drive every few seconds...so it came up in My computer and then disappeared. So I removed the drive.

Now connecting it externally or with the drive adapter (inside the pc) won't work. I see the drive in Device Manager with the label "Disk Drive". But It doesn't appear in My Computer nor in Disk Management. I can't acces it via the command prompt either.

When i go to device manager > volume > populate, it gives me this error msg.
"Volume information for this disk cannot be found. THis may happen if the disk is a 1394 or a USB device on a Windows 2000 machine."

This error msg doesn't help much.
I put the hdd back in the external case..I also tried putting it in a new case..didn't work...I'm now trying to solve the problem but I really need help...I have a million important files on the HDD which I don't have a backup of.

I'm using XP PRO SP2 with all current drivers. Usb 2.0 support, and I don't have any other devices connected in my other usb ports.. And this all seems strange because it was working fine before I connected it to an older pc...And I also tried other pc's there is no change. Same problem over and over again.:(

I cindda posted in the wrong area here.....and it doesn't let me delete my post....Sorry folks...So I decided to just edit it and post my real problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom