fit width i dos application under winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoti

Beta member
the problem is:

i have a lexmark e232 mono laser printer. it is connected to the computer with a parallel cable through lpt port. driver instalation under winxp went just fine. but the problem is that the application in which this printer is used is a 16 bit dos app. when i try to print a page i give an instruction to the app to print through lpt port. and it starts printing. but the side margins are totally screwed up. the print misses about 2cm on each side. i tried to correct the problem in printer driver settings and managed to decrease the screwup by a centimeter. but the print still isn't good enough because those are bills. and the price of the article can't be seen. obviously this problem cannot be fixed in printer driver settings or the stupid dos application. is there some kind of universal software that can be used to force the margins within some specified parameters? please help. i'm quite desperate by now.:(

Re:

Hello,

ok...have you tried another application to test and see if a printed page is printed as 'What You See Is What You Get'?

If it doesn't print correctly in other applications...then...um...I dunno :confused: . Check too see if there are alignment / calibration function in your printer's setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom