quick help! computer keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJC1055

Baseband Member
Well, I'm working on this computer, its an old non atx mb. It has one cd rom, a floppy, and one ide hd. Here's what happens; I turn the computer on, black screen for about ten seconds, then the screen will turn on like normal and start to go through the boot process. Now anywhere throughout the boot process it will restart. Sometimes it will boot all the way and get into windows and will restart while in windows for a few minutes, sometimes it will restart as soon as it turns on. I went into the bios and it even restarted for me in there.

I have tried
new power supply,
removed all peripherals
removed floppy and cd rom
new hard drive
setting cmos back to factory defaults

Does anyone have any ideas as to what would cause this?

any input would be appreciated,

Thanks

Re:

Hello,

If you're experiencing random reboots even in BIOS, then you are probably experiencing hardware problems, or overheating issues.

Try doing a process of elimination, first by removing all peripherals and components that aren't needed, and by gradually re-installing everything so you can pinpoint any problematic hardware.

If you then still suffer from continual reboots, then it's likely to be other critical hardware like PSU, RAM or Motherboard. I hope this kinda helps :D .

i have tried everything except motherboard and ram, ram is on order and i should have it in 15 minutes i'll let you know how that works out

thanks

Well, received the memory, put it in and same thing... restarts... all the time... the only thing left is the motherboard, thats the only thing that it could be unless anyone else has any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom