*Help!!!* Any suggestions welcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
OK, I've just purchased a new CPU, an AMD 64 3500+ S939, & Mobo, an Asus A8V Deluxe. All of the rest of my setup is the same as below.

So far I've connected the CPU (obviously), HD, DVD drives, floppy drive, graphics card, RAM and all fans. Motherboard's LED light is green to go, and all fans are spinning...

The problem is I'm not getting any video. Just a black screen when I boot up. One long "Beeeeep" comes from the Mobo's speaker (not sure whet exactly this means, other than it's an error of some sort).

I've tried resetting CMOS, but to no avail.

I'm tired, strained and can't think straight lol

So, any suggestions are welcome....

have you put the power conector to it, as this is one of the things I forgot to connect. this gave a long beep.

I've checked the seating of the card, and the molex power connector. Both are fine.

The card itself fine too, as I'm using it on my old rig right now.

Well if it were me and i'm sure you've already tried this but I would just make sure all the connections are good and that all cards, mem, is seated correctly and then try a diff video card

From what I gather a contnuos beep is a sign of a bad PSU. See sig....

If anyone else owns a JSP Sprite PSU, please contact me :)angry: )...

Re:

Hello,

Make sure that your AGP Graphics Card is compatible with the AGP standard of your motherboard... :D .

Also, make sure the RAM isn't fussy, and is completely compatible.

I would unplug everything and then plug it all back in, take ram out and put in two different slots, etc.. That has fixed problems for me before b/c something wasn't pluged in or what not just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom