Laptop battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kill_me_sarah

Beta member
I need help figuring out if i'm having a hardware or software problem with my laptop. The battery will charge, and when it's charged will last a full two hours. But the batter charges very sporadically and will at times lose it's charge even when it's plugged into AC power. Sometimes it will drain to zero while plugged in and then die. Other times it will charge to full. One thing I've noticed is that it only seems to charge if the computer is on. Even if I hibernate or stand-by with it plugged in it will drain the battery. Help please! I'm a small business owner and need this laptop to be reliable.

I dont know much about laptop batteries, but It sounds like a bad battery. Google it and see what you come up with, use your computer model etc and perhaps others have had the same problems.

when you first got the laptop, did you fully let it alone charge the battery all the way?

when you have 2 battery life left of it, you have to let it drain all the way and then charge it again, to make the battery life more efficent

if thats not the case, just like wut Foxy sed, your battery is BAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom