one last question: performance drop in games between 3400+ and 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
assuming i don't overclock, would i see a big performance drop between amd 64 3400+/3200+/3000+?

i play on playing cs:source, which is more of a cpu dependant game than other games such as doom3

i will use the nVIDIA 6600gt and 1 gig of generic ram; do you think i can get decent performance (good enough fps without any sort of lag with the 3000+? 3200+? )

ty

i dont think it will make much difference, a friend of mine has a 3000+ and its quite fast, so no not really. Personally id get a socket 939, and non generic ram, but thats just me

There will be a difference between the 34 and the 30.. but the 30 will run nething, games no lags

ok thx,

also, what is the difference between generic and non-generic ram (performance wise, i might be able to get kingstons for about $20 more)

in addition, what is the best budget mobo for sock 939?

ty

i ran doom 3 on my 2800+, 512ram and a 9800pro maxed at 1024x768 with no problem, so i'd think a 3000+ should be able to run source no problem with a gt and 1 gig of ram

check newegg.com for mobo's, abit and asus have good ones.

i have a 3000+, its fine

well generic and branded rams aren't much difference
just that brands tend to back up their pride in work

generic is juss fine, most of these days, some generic ones are much better than brand

Kingston and Crucial are like the most popular RAMs that i know of
but i don't use them, i use generic myself lol much cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom