Sapphire Ati Radeon 9200SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

24/7 Gamer

In Runtime
Sapphire Ati Radeon 9200SE 128Mb DDR

Is the above graphics card a good price for £30.00 and what's the newest game it will manage without skipping obviously not on max detail.

My mate wants a cheap graphics card as he is not a full time gamer but likes things like strategy games and counter strike. I saw this card in one of my catalogues and was wondering if the price was any good.

Thanks

Re:

Yeah...

The 9200SE is not an excellent gaming card....but it is not too bad. I used to have an ATI Radeon 9200 128MB Grahpics Card, and managed to get ok performance on games like Far Cry and Halo. However, this is with sacrificing some settings.

It is however, good value for money. The GeForce 4 Ti 4200 isn't too mad either.

hmm it mite be ok. my old gforce 4mmx440 128mb used to lag a bit on the more detailed levels of Warcraft like tower defences n stuff, CS ran fine, battlefield did.. it ran doom3 but on lowest quality

So you would definately recommend this card or would you suggest something else the same price.

My mate does play CS all the time and he would like to play Source as well so if you know if this card will play it then let me know.

Thanks

i wouldnt reccomend this card but seeing as hes ob on a tite budget then yeah this is prolly the card for him. as for source, hmm thats pushing it but it would be reasonable game play with settings low...
my friends got a 9500 and it runs source n hl2 on bout mid quality with a bitta jerkiness...

I would recommend a Geforce FX-5200 instead. the FX-5200 even runs Doom 3 and HL2 reasonably well.
the Radeon 9000 series were for the most part good cards, except for the 9200 SE. this has really crippled performance even against the FX-5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom