Isn't a straight 12-hour working period for a PC dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i only turn mine off cos there is no need for me to leave it on overnite. i purposely got a psu that uses 25% less power so parents cant complain :D and cos its near my bed ive tried to make it as quiet as possible. I wouldnt worry about leaviny my comp on at all, my mate had his on for a total of over 4 months so no1 he knows could have a longer time connected to the net in one go lol

how will u know how much electricity your computer consumes aside from calculating your monthly electric bill?

umm, well, you have to work out how many watts your pc uses, energy companies measure power consumpion in Kilowatt hours which means 1000 watts for a hour, and on your bill it says how many cents for a kilowatt hour.

lol thats nothing, at the place i did work experience at i looked at the Connection status and it had been connected(comp on) for 128 days

I found on the net a test that was done which found that it costs around $65 US per year in electricity to run a standard computer with a 15" CRT monitor for 24 hours 7 days a week for 365 days of the year. Which is what, $5 a month. But as some of you said u leave more than one computer on then that eats into your electricity bill.

:up: I posted that in an earlier thread about this

I've had a desktop running 24/7 (rebooting maybe 3 times a week) since 2001. It's an old POS too, and it still runs fine.

I probably jinxed myself now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom