help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnairgunz09

In Runtime
was playing eq 2 my comp just up and shut off opened it up and saw what looked like the end of a power supply coord one of the wires a yellow on was bare touching the case i got a spark. tried to turn the comp on and nothing. i got the comp back on but it gave me an error like cpu not functional or somthing like that along thoughs lines then i went threw bios like it told me saved and left and every thing is fine its up and running is it possible that i have damaged my cpu or anything else in my computer permanetly is there a way to make sure everything is ok? thnx

I would get a PSU tester, they are around $20 at circuit city. or you can take another PSU that you know works and use it to test your system components to mke sure they work. if the PSU you use for the test has less wattage than the one that you fried (from what you have said, it sounds like it died) then disconnect all fans except the cpu fan, and all drives. go to bios and make sure the first boot device is the HD then turn the pc off and hook the HD back up an try to boot into windows. please give us your computer specs and any bios codes that popup(write them down word forword, or as close as possible) if you hear any beeps other than the normal POST beeps then write down how many beeps there were and if they were long or short, or a mix. also, it would be extremely helpful if you can find out what brand your bios is.
hope this is of some help to ya

He said everything got back up and running so it looks as if nothing died. If you have bare wires coming out of your PSU you might want to invest in a new PSU.

If the computers up and running then there's nothing wrong. Either they work or they dont, there is no inbetween damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom