best Socket A Mobo?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePCmaN

In Runtime
whats the BEST Motherboard for socket A... for Gaming/OCing/all the goods... overall best!!! thanks! :D

they are mainly the same. make sure u get the nForce2 chipset though. MSI, ASUS Abit are all good makes

hmm.. dont some have better Bios than others (for OCing purposes and what not).. thanks for the input man! :)

Need some other inputs!! :D :beard: :eek: :D :)

well i used to have a msi kt6 delta, had it for about 18months and used to overclock my 2600 upto 200fsb so that might be a option. I like msi's bios but its really the only 1 ive used.

ABit NF7-S v2

DFI Lanparty or Infinity series boards.

Hands down the best OC'ers boards.

If it's an OC'ers board, it's going to have an OC'ers BIOS with all the options you need.

ASUS is crap IMO, and their tech support is lowsy and most big OC's I've seen have come from ABit or DFI boards although some people swear by ASUS still. Their quality has dropped in recent years.

DFI Gives you Dimm voltage up to 3.3v and Chipset up to 1.9v whereas ABit goes to 2.9v dimm and 1.7v Chipset.

You won't need more than 2.9 dimm though unless you have winbond BH-5 type RAM chips, and if you don't know particularly what I'm talking about then chances are you infact wont need more than 2.9v

The chipset needs more voltage generally when trying to hit high FSBs.

Either go with DFI or choose an ABit and do a voltage mod to get that chipset higher if you wanted to.

I really wouldn't suggest the other boards that are listed here for your OC'ing needs.

thanks... ill maybe try n go with the Nf7.. then if not that the DFI.. and if not that, then ill just pick one from the rest listed.. thanks homies! :)

<---- Laughing...MUAHAHAHAHAH

I have the NF7-S v2 and 352 2400+ XP-Mobile combo, I have this XP OC'd from stock 1.8GHz to 2.5GHz , can get it stable at 2.7GHz and for screenies can hit 2.8GHz incase you wanted reference on how good the XP-Mobiles can perform :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom