Symptoms of my harddrive dieing ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I've recently been having trouble with my seagate 80GB SATA Hdd, and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

The first sign of this was when windows showed an error about how it had successfully recovered some data from the registry. Problem was this message kept popping up, so I did a system restore with a windows tool. After rebooting from this, windows said it needed to do some sort of task at a blue screen, and it started deleting files, then restoring them. After this, I was unable to load windows at all due to a message saying it couldnt find kernel.dll file.

I thought it may be a virus, so I booted from the XP disk, deleted both partitions on my hdd, formatted, and then reinstalled windows. However, after a few hours of use, i get the original message of how "windows has recovered some data from the registry." Mozilla firefox also said it was missing a file, even though it had been working. Finally, a little sheild at the bottom near the clock said to run Chkdsk utility, but that didnt help.

So is there a way to fix this, or shall i just buy a new Harddrive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could also be a virus hiding in Memory:), Possibly a bad cable, mebbe needing low level formatted with the proper drive utilities

quite a few reasons thats justa start..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom