RAM speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You look in your BIOS and make sure your RAM is set to the appropriate speed? If your CPU is a 400FSB CPU then your RAM needs to be on a 1:1 ratio with the CPU

On most BIOS's with adequate options theres an option that says 'CPU:DRAM' inwhich you can choose the ratio 3/3, 4/4, 5/5, 6/6 it's all 1:1 but it offers all those ratios incase you need on slower or faster than the CPU and such.

So go through your BIOS make sure your CPU FSB is where it should be at and the same goes for your RAM. Check to make sure theres a DRAM Frequency option and change it to where it's supposed to be.

Use CPU-Z to find out your current ratio between CPU and RAM

That's just it...the ratio from FSB to RAM is 1:1 and I can't find how to change it. Could it be listed under something else? My FSB is 200 and the multiplier for the processor is 9x. My RAM only functions at 200 also though. Would there be some other place for me to go to change the ratio? CPU-Z is what I am using to figure all of this out by the way.

I have a max memclock setting, but he highest it goes is 200. I do not understand this at all. If I overclock the FSB with it at 200, it increases in speed with the FSB, but it only goes so far before it is unstable and I need to put it down to 166. There MUST be something that I am overlooking.

I know in some apps and bios DDR RAM will read like this. DDR400 RAM runs at 200x2, so some apps will show it as 400 other will show it as 200. So I am guess it is just the way it is reading but is actually running at 400.

Yeah what idiotec said is correct. If in your BIOS it's at 200FSB that's where it needs to be. and within CPU-Z it's going to be read as 200MHz as the frequency in the screen where it shows you ratio and timings not 400. So it sounds like everything is fine

Thanks, but now I have a new problem. I had to reset the jumper on my motherboard because the computer wouldn't start correctly after changing a setting. I turned off the computer, and put the jumper on the slots to reset it, then put it BACK, and turned on the computer. Everything was fine. I wanted to OC my computer, but when I try to adjust the HT frequency from 5x, it shows a blank screen and locks up. I tried installing drivers to fix this, but the same problem is still happening. Any idea why?

what are you trying to adjust the HTT frequency to from 5? It needs to stay at 5 or go lower if you're OCing the CPU and RAM which inturn is OC'ing the whole HTT beyond 1600/2000 whichever yours is.

If you want to OC, then you need to raise the CPU HTT beyond 200 because the multipliers on those chips can only be turned down unless you have an FX series 64bit CPU which can be turned up or down.

You don't understand...I am not trying to adjust it yet. When I click on it to adjust it, a blank screen pops up. I don't even adjust it before it locks up. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom