buying laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
My GF is looking for a laptop. but doesnt know what to get. think shes willing to spend around £500-£600 on it. now the only 1s ive found have got crappy celerons in them and ive told her shes not gettin one of them lol. the only one if found was

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/notebooksandtablets/productView.htm?quicklinx=3GPS

its doesnt matter about the graphics cos shes mainly gonna use it for university stuff, and atm her 500mhz celeron is very very slow. Does any1 know of a good deal on one in the uk? really shes looking for either a amd or P4 with 512 ddr333 or 400 about 40gig hdd, any size monitor graphics doesnt matter, shes already got a wireless card. and she doesnt need a dvd writer but cdrw would be nice. thanks for any suggestions.

Well since its not a gaming computer/custom. I suggest getting a popular brand, since they offer high-end/low-end competers. Even a Dell is fine.

Dell will try to suck you up w/ there customer service crap so dont go that route. Get an E-machines or sony or compaq. Hps arent bad but they are just like dell.

I have had both compaq and IBM, both have been good but the IBM had an overall better feel to it. I think the IBM's tend to be a little more expensive.

W/e brand you can get the most from. I was just stating "Dell" as a popular brand. You dont have to get them, nor was i leaning towards them. I personally really like IBM. I would try IBM or Compaq myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom