Excel document

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_in

In Runtime
Guyss !!

it messed me up.. i had some stock detail in a Excel work sheet and saved it quiet sure...

But now when i try to open it.. it sayys.. can't open cause the file is on read only location or you are not allowed to access it..

Please help me as soon as possible.. will ya

Regards
sachin!

Try copying the xls file into another folder and opening that one. If this doesn't work the right click on the file and go to properties, then uncheck the box that says read only.

Hope this helps.

hehehe...

I am not so stupid..by the way really thx a lot for the reply.. but i have even tried shifting that file to another computer also.. and have checkin the properties as per u mentioned once again..

though i tried these two earlier also

any more...

this might be weird but open wordpad, select open, browse to the file and open the file in wordpad, then save it on another location. might help

Have you tried opening any other excel files, if they open OK, then your file could be corrupted or infected by with a virus.

You should be able to open it in Word or wordpad as suggested, but you will need to have Microsoft Excel converter installed.
Alternatively, install MS excel viewer & open file in that. Neither of these options will recover the file fully but should recover the actual data in it.
There is also an Excel File recovery macro available.

You should be able to install the convertor from the Office CD if yo have it. The macro & the viewer are available to download from Microsofts website.

It would help if you said which version of Office you are using!?

I don't think that it matters if strange characters appear in wordpad/notepad, I beleive those programs just display what they can, but save the whole load, wheter it can read it or not. So foxhound's solution may work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom